Monday, December 7, 2015

Messejana, Brazil - The Ups and Downs


You want the bad news or the good news first? I´ll start with the bad. But first, please don´t worry because I´m fine, okay? :)

Padua was confirmed this past week!!!!!!! It was awesome and he´s preparing to receive the priesthood! He´s so great! The other day as we were walking back from the chapel he said that what he really wants is to raise his granddaughter (that he loves to bring to church with him because she stays with him on the weekends) in the gospel and to teach her about the gospel. I wanted to cry! It was the cutest thing! I am so grateful to have met him and to have been a part of his journey in the church. Sooo the other day we were stopping by to see him and we had just arrived and were chatting outside with him when his wife (who has never liked us and never participated and never even really looked in our eyes when we say hello to her to be nice) comes up from behind him (and it was night so I didn´t see what she had) annnnd she throws a bucket of water on me. On us, but I received 95% of it. Oh man, it was horrible! Everyone on the street saw and Padua went inside and they were yelling and we stepped a little ways away from his house and I honestly couldn´t believe what had happened! Soo a few minutes later Padua came out and apologized for her and he was really upset but I assured him all was well and we agreed to meet at the chapel from now on. But yeah, I´m fine! It was the end of the night and so we walked home (I maybe shed a few tears then but I´m fine :) ) and I took a shower and we let our zone leaders know but all has calmed down now :) 
The good news is that we are teaching so many great people! Satan is really working on our investigators but we´re working harder!!! This just proves to me that this is the true Church because Satan is trying so hard to prevent those we´re teaching to progress but he won´t win! 

I LOVE YOU ALL SORRY I HAVE NO TIME
SORRY FOR THE SAD STORY BUT I’M DOING GREAT
I LOVE IT HERE AND I LOVE YOU GUYS
- Sister Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment