Monday, October 5, 2015

Jose Walter, Brazil - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!

I have some pictures just for youuuuuuuuuuu!!! The last one with the pillow was taken today haha. We went to buy some paper to write our scripture to memorize for the week on and I saw this pillow and asked the owner if I could take a picture with it! He joked and said a picture would cost 15 dollars hahahaha but he said of course! I told him it was your birthday yesterday :) what the pillow says is true, I love you Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the other two pics are with some of the kids I talked about in my last email! These 3 are the ones who are really dedicating themselves to memorizing the articles of faith! I told them last week that your birthday was on Sunday and I asked them if they could sing parabens (happy birthday) for you and then they had the idea of making you a sign!!!! :)))) I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
This week has been great! So many awesome things! We went on exchanges this week and I was staying in our area which really made me nervous but our STL who came to be with me was so awesome and so nice and helped me relax and we met 7 new investigators! #knockingondoorsandaskingforwateralwaysworks ;)
And of courseeeeeeeeeeeee, GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!! So Taylor guessed right, we had conference at 1 and 5 pm. Saturday at 11 we watched the Women's Conference too! I watched it all in Portuguese which was a little sad because I didn´t understand everything but I still got a lot out of Conference! These past few weeks the Light of Christ has been standing out to me. In the scriptures, in the Liahona (which I receive every month in English!) and then I watch conference and OUR PROPHET gives a talk about the light of Christ as well as a few others!!! I´m so excited to get the Conference issue of the Liahona because I didn´t catch some talks (Uchtdorf´s OR Holland´s - my 2 favs!!) but it was awesome and I tried to look for Hilary and Trenton but I forgot which sessions they were at! Also, I totally (for the first time since arriving in Brasil!) CRIED! Yes, I cried! We all got up to sing "How Firm a Foundation" and we were singing it in Portuguese and I looked at the screen at the English lyrics and I saw the words, "fear not; I am with thee, o be not dismayed, for I am thy God and will still give thee aid. I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand" omg the tears poured out of my eyes! I had sooo much nostalgia while watching conference and missed going with my siblings, missed watching them at home years ago with the fam and eating donuts or cinnamon rolls made by mom, missed hearing the actual voices of the prophet and apostles, missed BEING IN UTAH (can you believe it? haha!) and the past few days I think I had put so weight and pressure on my shoulders trying to be better, trying to speak more, trying to understand more, and felt a little alone. I had written some questions down that I wanted to be answered during conference and that was a response! I know He will strengthen me and help me! He is truly the light of the world! We can find eternal happiness in this gospel! I am so grateful for the chance we had to hear our Prophet and the Apostles speak to us. They are truly called of God and I KNOW without a doubt in my mind that this church is the true church! 

Mom I love you! I´m so grateful for you and I remembered the other day being your bodyguard for trips to H-E-B and missed those days! but I hope you had an awesome birthday and I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE YOU ALL 

No comments:

Post a Comment