Monday, May 23, 2016

Maracanau, Brazil - May 23, 2016

Hello folks! It´s been one tiring week; I´m tired just writing this. I noted a few things that happened this week for y'all though.

Last Monday after I emailed y'all: I wrote a little more about the past week on paper to take a picture and send to y'all today but.... I forgot. So next week you´ll get a picture with more about last week. But one thing that I just have to tell you all: I'M OFFICIALLY A BRAZILIAN!!! Yup, all the Americans and Hispanics got a Brazilian social security number!! CPF is the name here for SSN. So, I can officially live in Brazil WOOH! But calmmmm family, I won´t ;) But yeah, I thought that was pretty cool.
We also went to the mission office and I picked up my package!!! I opened it and my companion documented every second! Wow I loved everything - THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! I´m waiting for the perfect moment to make the cake but maybe I´ll just make it one random day this week, light my candles and make a late birthday wish :) I've distributed some of the candy y'all send so I´m once again the most wanted person here in the ward currently hahaha even the bishop´s wife said she wants one of the happy birthday banners. 

This week!

Tuesday Gabriel was baptized!!! He´s this adorable 10-year-old who is literally so small he looks like he´s 7. But he's been going to church for weeks now and we had marked his baptism sooo many times but always had problems like the church didn't have water or our baptismal font was being rebuilt but this Tuesday it all worked out!!! He was baptized and was soo excited about it :) 

Wednesday we had our game night and it was great because we had a great turnout! A few weeks ago we started a game that would last for the whole transfer. There are two teams and every week we have games and races to gain more points and throughout the week they can go out on visits with us to gain more points and do other missionary work stuff to gain points and it was so cool because the first week barely had anyone and this past Wednesday it was packed!!! 

Friday one of our moms here invited us over and we made tapioca which I looooove. It´s different here though.... I honestly don't remember what tapioca is in the United States though haha but here it´s great! We tried to make tapioca today though and....failed. Hahaha I took lots of videos which I'll try to send on dropbox.

Saturday we had Helping Hands!!! It was soo fun because it was with the whole stake and we all went to this other area nearby and split up into groups and passed out flyers about Dengue and how to prevent the growth of dengue in the house. It was super fun because we were with a group of youth in our ward and they´re all crazy hahaha. 

Today in a little bit we´re going to head over to the church to play volleyball with the youth! I´ll bring the football too and teach them how to throw it hahaha we´ll see how that goes. We may even play Uno too. 

Well, that´s about it! Thanks for all your love and prayers. I´m truly grateful for everyone´s support. I`m grateful for the time I have to be here and serve the wonderful people in Brazil. I love them with all my heart!!

Love and miss you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Sister Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment