Monday, February 1, 2016

Messejana, Brazil - Small and simple things

Hey everybody!!
This week, mannnn were we running around!! It was super busy. We´ve been staying out till 9:30 on the dot almost every night and then at night we like to talk so I´ve been going on little sleep haha oh ma I don´t know how anyone can get used to getting up at 6:30... I´ve been out this long and I still wake up like a zombie every morning lolol. But anyways! There´s a standard in our mission where we have to find 5 new investigators every day and have 4 people on date for baptism. Which means, contacting. It wasn´t my favorite thing to do, but now I've gotten used to it and it´s just amazing how many people there are in the world! And every single one of them has a story. So yeah, we´ve been meeting lots of new people this week which has been great! We met this guy, Wellington, on Thursday who´s 30 years old but I literally thought he was 23 at most! He´s very young in spirit and one day when we stopped by he was listening to….. HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL!! Shout out to my girl Maddie Wilkins! Totally thought of you haha! But yeah, he loves to design and loves to listen to and watch Disney and he´s super cool! We told him we´d wake him up for church, so Sunday morning we pass by and his mom lets us in and he´s all wrapped up in his sheet in his hammock and we say, "Good morning!!!" and shake the hammock hahaha and he was up not even 2 minutes later! It was awesome! He went to church with us and he told us he hadn´t been to any church in 5 YEARS! 5 YEARS! It was awesome! He´s still getting used to some things though. He believes in God and Jesus Christ but he´s not used to praying. We haven´t run into Pedro or Deoclesio much this week…. we think Pedro is hiding from us L And 3 weeks in a row Deoclesio said he´d go to church and every Sunday he has had another excuse…we think it´s time to move on, sadly.
I´ve been learning so much in my personal study and I just LOOOOVE this gospel!!! There´s no doubt in my mind that this is the true church of Jesus Christ! Please please PLEASE if any of you have questions or doubts, go to one of our church buildings on Sunday (you can find the time and place online at mormon.org I believe) and ask the missionaries or any member there! OR, pray when you´re alone and in a quiet setting. Ask God with real intent which direction you should take in your life. Ask Him if what I´m doing is true, ask Him if the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church of Christ. If you want to learn more, talk to the missionaries! Don´t be afraid of them! Our purpose is to help you come closer to Christ! He loves you and we have a Father in Heaven who knows us and loves us, too. This past week I received the January Liahona (our church magazine) and I read a little part that a missionary had written. I can´t remember his exact words but he talked about how much joy he received when someone said, "yes, come on in" or the sadness he felt when someone said, "please don´t come back again." Sometimes I think my testimony is weak, sometimes my Portuguese is poor, but I have felt these things that he described. I have felt the joy when someone accepts our message, when they go to church, when they search for the truth themselves, and I have felt the sadness and sorrow when someone doesn´t want to let go of the life of worldly happiness. There is eternal happiness and it´s through Jesus Christ! I love you all and I wish this happiness for you all J
Have an amazing week! I love you all so much, thank you for your love and support!!
Te amo!
- Sister Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment