Monday, June 13, 2016

Maracanau, Brazil - A week full of fun!

Hey guys! Wow so many things happened this week so let´s get to it!

- Elder Christensen came and we had a conference with him! It was super cool because it was with the other mission too – Brasil Fortaleza Mission! I know 2 sisters in that mission from the MTC and got to chat with them both for a little so that was fun. But the best part was definitely Elder Christensen. He and Sister Christensen don´t know Portuguese so they had a translator. Let me tell you, I didn't know how hard that would be to hear English and Portuguese, one after the other. Because I understood them both and so my notes were like half in English and half in Portuguese hahaha it was an interesting experience! He talked a lot about how our investigators need to have a spiritual experience before baptism and that they need to know that messing up after baptism is normal, so we need to teach them again about repentance. Lots of new members think that after baptism they have to be perfect but that´s impossible because we all make mistakes every day! We all need to repent every day, and we´re so lucky to have the gift of repentance!

- Cezario who was baptized last week was confirmed a member of the church yesterday! This past week he was filled with questions for us on how to pay tithing, how to fast, and it was just so cute because he already wants to be faithful to God! We´re also now trying to hook him up with a sister in our ward who is about his age and is single hahahaha Irma Fatima. She´s literally the coolest most loving and dedicated person ever . I love her to death!

- There´s this “holiday” that only exists here in the North and it started this past week. I honestly don´t know how to explain it, but since Wednesday there have been concerts every night – the first day there was a super famous singer who came. So at night we hear the music and everything haha but it´s still manageable to sleep through thankfully. 

- We had lunch at home one day so I bought ingredients and made an Italian pasta!!!! Mom, you would be so proud! I bought penne noodles, then I followed your easy cheese sauce recipe and made a white sauce that perfectly thickened! Then we bought a chicken, already cooked, and I cut it up into little pieces and mixed it all together and TA DA!!!! Chicken pasta with white sauce :) it was delicious. My companion approved, too. I was pretty proud of myself. And it was so good to eat Italian-tasting food!

- This week we had a Talent Show!!!!!!!!!! It was super great and I brought the glow sticks that Mom and Taylor sent me and everyone loved them - especially the kids!! The youth in our ward all dance so they made a dance (the night before) and performed it and it was seriously so legit. this lan house unfortunately isn't picking up my SD card though :( so no pics or videos today. but y'all can accept all my friend requests on FB and I think there are pics of me on their profiles!

- Yesterday was Valentine´s Day here. Nothing in my world changed because #foreversingle and also Valentine´s Day for me has already passed! Hahaha but Saturday we had dinner at Bishop´s house with all the couples in the ward so that was fun and interesting lolol

Andddd that´s about it! Yesterday were transfers but we didn't receive a call.... but neither did anyone else, I think. So I think President didn't finish or he´s super busy (probably the latter) so as far as we know, I'm staying!!!! I really hope that I do, though. I don´t want to leave this area :) I love it so much!

Love you all so much. I love this gospel, and I´m humbled every day for the chance I have to be a missionary here in Brasil. For the opportunity I have to meet so many new people who each have a story. I love to hear about the lives of everyone who live here. I love my Savior and I´m grateful for Him. He gave His life for me, for all of us so that we can repent to become more like Him every day. I´m grateful for my family who support me and love me. And a quick shout out to the Shoal Creek Ward who have supported me throughout my whole mission! Thank you for the packages, the letters, and for the prayers. I´m so sad I´m no longer a part of the beloved Shoal Creek Ward but I will visit y'all when I return because you all deserve big hugs and a big thank you from me :) 



I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

- Sister Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment