Monday, May 18, 2015

North Orem, UT - I HAVE THE BEST FAMILY EVERRRRR

FIRST AND FOREMOST, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE BIRTHDAY WISHES AND THE BIRTHDAY PACKAGES!!!!!
I received Mom's first and was pretty confused when I saw it an order from a Sports place haha we all know I don't do sports! But then I opened it and saw my CHACOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THEM THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! They're going to be the BIGGEST blessing in Brazil haha!
Last Tuesday we had some time for p-day activities so we got permission to go to TARGET! I bought a new purse because I desperately was in need of something bigger. So I have a new bag!! You can send me my red wallet now! So that was my birthday present to myself haha.
So I'll go in order with my birthday day. We worked at the temple on my birthday in the morning so I go and one of the sisters I've gotten close to, Sister Heninger, brought me a donut! Then I found out it was another Sister's birthday! Of course, right? Add that to my list of 10+ people I know with my birthday! Haha jk it was fun! Then we came back and had a dinner appointment. On our way to our dinner appointment, it happened to be pouring out, so we were walking with our umbrellas and a lady pulled over and asked if we needed a ride! So we accepted and got in and learned a little about her. She shops around and finds good finds and then re-sells them online! So she had just gone shopping that day and had gotten found these adorable scarves from the brand FREE PEOPLE for like 4 bucks!!! And she had gotten a few, so she both gave us one! It's a little big and I don't have anything to wear it with though and I won't need it for Brazil, so I'll probably send it home for you mom ;) So then we had dinner with a lady who legit looks like Natalie Portman. She was gorgeous. Anyways, she went to culinary school so we made a yummy shrimp (you heard me!) and tortellini dinner and a cake for my birthday! She was very sweet! Then we taught some lessons and then went over to Ruth's and she lives with her sister Vicki and they had made a cake, too! They knew it would be my birthday though so they had prepared and had asked what my favorite cake and ice cream was. It was very nice! They even got me a card! So I was treated very well!!
I also got a letter from Hilary (thanks I love personal mail!!) and her package!! Thanks for the goodies and the cards are SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obregada! (Thank you!) Then yesterday I received Taylor's package!!!! She was also very sweet by sending me some birthday goodies, a new shirt (yay for new clothes!), a Captain America t-shirt, and makeup!! And oh my gosh, thank you for the pictures.
ALSO THE BIGGEST NEWS (not really for me though) THAT HAPPENED ON MY BIRTHDAY:
SISTER KIRKENDALL GOT HER VISA!!!!!!!! WHAT?!?!?! She got a call from the mission office and they informed her and she immediately came to tell me (we were both at the temple) and I totally started to cry!! Out of happiness! It's so real now, you know?! She's going to Brazil!! She leaves June 8th because that's what works for Fortaleza. I want to get mine too and go with her because how fun would that be?? But I will also be patient and will be where ever the Lord needs me!
Anyways, this week I really learned a lot about Christ. He is our ultimate example; He was perfect in every sense of the word. He had no sin, yet He was baptized. He was baptized because His Father commanded that He should be to set the example for us. Don't we follow Him in every other sense as well? Don't we try to be good people and to do the right thing? Baptism is just another part in following Him! Baptism is so crucial. It is the only way we can return to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I also learned a lot about Christ-like attributes, especially patience and hope. Having patience can be so hard, in anything! When we're going through struggles or hard times, it can be so easy to think that we're being punished, when really, it's a learning experience! That can be so hard to understand. We want out of these hard times, but we need to take a step back and look at what He might be trying to teach you. We have trials and hard times to help us grow stronger and to be able to face the next trial with a better attitude and knowledge.
In my reading I'm in 3 Nephi where Jesus comes to the Americas. I'm trying to finish the Book of Mormon this week! I can tell you all that if you read the Book of Mormon, you can grow a greater knowledge of Jesus Christ and His gospel. And like I tell the people we're teaching, the Book of Mormon does not override the Bible in any way! The Book of Mormon is ANOTHER testament of Jesus Christ. It testifies of Him, His Atonement, and His life. I know He lives and I'm so grateful every day for the His sacrifice for ME. If we look, we can see how the Atonement works in our lives every day. Because of the Atonement, we are able to be made clean. We are able to repent of our daily sins, and be forgiven. Through the Atonement, we are able to have our burdens relieved. We are not supposed to go through our hard times alone! Because Jesus Christ took on all of our sins, He knows our pain. If we turn to Him, He can comfort us. I know He can. I am so grateful for Him. Seeing Him work in the lives of those I teach testifies to me every day how real He is. He really is there, and He really wants to help us. If we just turn to Him, and ask in prayer, and read our scriptures we can feel that comfort, peace, and love our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for us!
Well, I love you all and am so grateful for everyone who wrote me this week! I'm so grateful for everyone's prayers and support and love! I couldn't do this without you guys! Talk to y'all next week! EU AMO VOCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Sister Parks
My companion loves minions too!
"Texas donuts" hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment